The Senior Content Strategist is responsible for delivering content strategies that drive growth and awareness for Velir’s clients. This role will partner with clients to define and evolve their brand positioning, media, email, and campaign approaches. The ideal candidate will have experience in multi-channel marketing and a demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with individuals at all levels of the organization, including creative, user experience, client services, and delivery. The ideal candidate has experience in an agency or professional services company across all marketing channels.
Why You Should Join
We strive to provide a sensible working environment that endorses healthy work hours, and we offer flexible remote work options. We have a progressive parental leave policy, offer paid volunteer days, and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other's assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups. If you’re from a background that’s underrepresented in tech, we’d particularly love to meet you.
• Create overall content marketing strategy for Velir clients, identifying topics of interest, target audiences, content types, methods for repurposing content, appropriate channels for distribution, relevant authors, etc.
• Create and manage a detailed editorial calendar that forecasts topics and content pieces
• Lead content ideation workshops and definition sessions to define content subject matter for clients
• Manage creation, review, edit, and publishing of content across various channels
• Monitor site, campaign, and content analytics to draw conclusions and act quickly on your strategies
• Identify creative ways to repurpose content to extend its life and reach wider, more varied audiences
• Articulate vision of content strategy and long- and short-term value to clients based on research, including competitor analysis, site metrics, and testing
• Evaluate existing content channels and approaches and propose and test new opportunities to expand market awareness of brands
• Utilize relevant keywords as appropriate within content and tag all online content with keywords and other metadata in accordance with SEO best practices
• 5 - 7 years of professional experience in content or marketing (ideally with an emphasis in Content Marketing or PR)
• 2+ years of experience developing B2B or B2C content strategy
• Ability to lead workshops to conceptualize and define content and channels that drive content adoption
• Ability to lead strategy and research processes for content projects
• Strong understanding of how content marketing, SEO, email marketing, and social media marketing function and how they can work together to get results
• Strong editorial instincts and complete command of the English language. We are looking for someone who can be an editor for grammar, style, and syntax
• Proven track record of being able to manage multiple projects with competing deadlines and prioritize accordingly
• Ability to manage relationships with writers and creators, and keep editorial calendars on schedule
• Clearly outline content needs for writers, graphic designers, and other stakeholders
• Ability to juggle multiple projects at once while executing strong organizational and project management skills
• Experience working with content management systems
• Experience in the mission-driven space a plus
• Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Core Company Values
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We offer flexible work locations and offer competitive pay and excellent benefits.
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT.