The Drupal Developer is a member of a cross-functional web development team responsible for building enterprise level web application in a growing Drupal team. This developer is a strong communicator who excels at collaborating with team members and conveying technical concepts to other developers, managers, and clients. This developer has strong technical skills utilizing clean and solid programming techniques, web security practices, and design patterns.
• Collaborate with a cross-functional team to understand requirements, communicate designs, and implement specifications
• Build content driven enterprise level web applications, implementing user interfaces and back-end functionality for both the client and authoring experiences
• Integrate with third-party systems by building web services, providers, and designing APIs
• Develop, test, document and maintain cutting edge Drupal based web solutions for our clients
• Ability to create Drupal modules to solve problems
• Contribute to the Velir Drupal development community through internal presentations, blog posts, and suggestions for improving development practices
• Create documentation around processes including deployments, solution audits, data and content migrations, and systems integrations
• Work in both Agile and Waterfall project methodologies, meeting delivery milestones and quality expectations
• Consistently stay abreast of the leading trends in the industry and integrate the best techniques, tools, and practices into Velir’s development process
• Create and maintain standards, practices, and supporting tools to ensure teams provide a consistent level of service
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Able to communicate technical concepts effectively to members of cross-functional teams, clients, and stakeholders
• Ability to maintain and foster a high-level communication and collaboration, aptitude for building consensus and compromise with your approach, and enthusiasm for introducing new concepts and processes
• Ability to identify roadblocks, raise these risks, and provide leadership towards resolutions
• Familiarity with MVC framework
• Detail-oriented, motivated, results-driven self-starter that takes initiative.
• Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, as well as good interpersonal skills
Experience and Education
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent
• 4+ years of experience programming in procedural OOP with PHP 5.3+
• 2+ years of experience working in Drupal 7 or higher
• Proficient at writing reusable and modular code
• Experience creating Drupal modules to solve problems
• Foundation in software engineering principles including object oriented programming, design patterns, and SOLID
• Frequent sitting at a desk performing work on a computer
• Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Core Company Values
Velir is an established mid-sized agency with a top-tier portfolio of clients, ranging from the world’s largest non-profits to Fortune 500 brands. We pride ourselves on our people-first culture and a low-ego workplace that embraces experimentation, collaboration and continuous improvement. We offer flexible work locations, competitive pay, and excellent benefits.
At this time, Velir does not sponsor candidates and unfortunately cannot accept those on OPT or CPT.